Fighting the fakes: How Search Engines Can Support Brands – an Incopro and M&R Europe Seminar
Fighting the fakes - an Incopro and M&R Europe Seminar held in Milan, Italy.
Incopro and M&R Europe will be hosting 2020 Fighting the fakes: How Search Engines Can Support Brands.
Recent Incopro research has shown that for specific searches up to 60% of search engine results can link to online locations that infringe IP. These locations can deceive consumers into paying for products that are illegal, substandard or unsafe.
This puts consumers at risk, destroys trust in brands, and hijacks revenue from legitimate businesses.
Incopro will explore what the risks to brands and consumers are, along with how search engines can put steps in place to create a safer internet. Attendees will learn:
- The risks to brands and their consumers as a result of search engine inaction
- The case law that shows how search engines can be required to do more
- What the next steps for brands are and how they can work closer with search engines
- 17:00 – Arrival & registration
- 17:30 – Introduction
- 17:40 – M&R – Search engines as caching providers and Italian deindexing orders – Stéphanie Rotelli, Founder @ M&R Europe
- 18:00 – How search engines’ inaction enables counterfeiting and the changes that legislators are considering – Simon Baggs, CEO @ Incopro and Partner @ Wiggin LLP
- 18:20 – Brand case study – Presented by key Incopro client
- 18:50 -Drinks reception
Request your Demo
The demo is personalized for you. Get answers to your questions and find out why Incopro is the right choice for you.